Friday, October 4, 2013

Recap through pictures!


Family fun day at the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham before the big move.


Moving day August 26th!
Anna helping check off boxes as they were delivered!
Birthday celebration, August 30th, 4 days after moving in.  I had so many wonderful flowers delivered, Brandon bought me a wonderful James Avery Georgia charm and breast cancer necklace,
Shannon surprised me, and I had a delicious birthday cake! PERFECTION!  Lets get it all done before 30!

Wig shopping with Mom and Anna.  This was the chosen wig.  I have named her Asmerelda.  Not sure how often I will be wearing her as she is a little itchy.  I have also become a little more proficient with styling her.  Synthetic hair is a whole new world!

First treatment, AC Chemo, September 19th in Birmingham, after being diagnosed on  August 9th in Atlanta. We met with a total of  three surgeons, 2 oncologist and 1 radiologist.  Countless tests which included mammograms, ultrasounds, a core biopsy,  Onco Score, MRI, PET Scan, and a genetic test (many of these tests were performed more than once).
A week and a half after treatment my hair started coming out.  First strand by strand and then clumps.  It was time to bid it farewell.  Brandon did a great job shaving my head.  Thanks mom for a pretty darn good shaped head, if I don't mind saying so myself.  I have been using some gel on my eye brows and eye lashes in hopes of preserving them, so far so good!
Second treatment, AC Chemo, on October 3rd.  Half way done with the hard stuff!!!!
Anna, even on the days its hard to motivated myself she is my reason to get up and at 'em!




No comments:

Post a Comment